FAQs - Frequently Asked Questions
What is PBMT and what are the benefits to my patients?
Photobiomodulation (PBM Therapy) previously known as Low Level Laser Therapy (LLLT) is the application of red and near infra-red light over injuries or lesions to improve wound and soft tissue healing, reduce inflammation and give relief for both acute and chronic pain. First developed in 1967, it is now commonly referred to as PBM or PBMT. The many benefits of PBMT to your patients will help to improve patient satisfaction, practice efficiency (less post-op appointments), and improve your practice ROI. PBMT is a practice builder in the practice, it will increase new patient referrals.
PBMT is used by dentists worldwide for:
- Treatment of recurrent aphthous stomatitis, traumatic ulcers
- Reduce occurence or prevent oral mucositis in cancer patients
- Reduce oral edema.
- Post-operative analgesia following periodontic, oral surgery, and endodontic procedures.
- Treatment of recurrent intraoral and labial herpes.
- Management of inflammatory conditions such as erosive lichen planus.
- Reduce pain of orthodontics and hasten tooth movement
- Management of TMJ/TMD